While looking for good ideas for my new Dark Fantasy setting, I remembered a couple of interesting concepts that had come to me some time back but which didn’t seem like something that could be worked into the Ancient Lands. And going through my old posts, I also found a couple of ideas I did intent for the Ancient Lands, but never really implemented in the way I wanted to.
Much of my growing unhappiness with the Ancient Land seems to trace back to me having to actually quite different ideals for a fantasy world based on strange magic. Many of my ideas didn’t work in a barbarian forest setting as I wanted to, but now that I am aiming at a dark city state fantasy world they are once again looking really inviting.
- Awesome future novel idea #3: Pirates of the Baltic and Kraken!
- Hostile environments not meant for people
- My Sense of Place in the Ancient Lands
- Baroque Fantasy?
- Time is an Illusion, and so are Pants
- The Deep Blue Under
- Random Campaign Idea: Diadokhoi
- Adventuring seasons and long term campaigns
- Calendar of the Ancient Lands
- My favorite style of fiction I never knew I had